Technology Unlocks a Work From Anywhere World
Technology begets technology. In other words, technology solves problems that either: 1) creates new ones that require new technologies to address, or 2) enable new technologies that can create previously unthinkable capabilities.
Innovations in connectivity that support remote work, whole-company alignment and at-home offices are now everywhere and, fortunately, its adoption and use unlocks the gate that once barred access to a Work From Anywhere World™. You see nearly every working member of society is using technology in some form, and increasingly, that technology is mobile. The more technology we use, the more data we generate and the more data we generate, the more data helps us do our jobs. And as our reliance on data grows, the more that data needs to be accurate, well understood and accessible.
That accessibility supports those keen on becoming high-trust companies. It allows for employees, leaders and teams to be increasingly transparent with one another. In fact, using technology to house software tools under one roof with a Company Operating System™ supports the information sharing capability necessary to build great companies.
Action Steps for Technology and Shared Information in a Work From Anywhere World:
- Organize information and make it easy to understand: Your company isn’t producing zetabytes of data, but there’s almost certainly more than enough to require curation so that it’s easy to find and understand.
- Access: Team members should be able to easily access the information they require to accomplish their tasks.
- Make it Almost Easy™ to share information: We’re better together. Technology should make working as a team, and across teams, almost easy and this includes the sharing of information.
- Make communication Almost Easy: We need to communicate with each other — and not just because we depend on our team members to get work done. Communication is a basic human need. The less friction there is to communicate with team members, the more productive, humane and resilient we will become.
- Connect via meetings and collaboration: Is your team holding weekly meetings? Use technology to make the opportunities and outcomes available to everyone. By sharing progress on goals, Rocks, to-dos and other activities, technology can make accountability and related agreements to one another a natural part of daily work.
- Sign up for a free Ninety.io trial: Information is only helpful if it’s shared. Ninety makes sharing information across your organization seamless. Receive access to all Ninety.io functions, features and support. We guarantee that you'll love it.
Who knew as we celebrated the new millennium how many changes, challenges and triumphs we might enjoy in the short years ahead! We live in an exciting era, where technology and innovation make working from anywhere (offices, homes, vehicles, coffeehouses or wherever your occupation allows) not just possible — and better and better all the time — but desirable.
May you continue to build with courage, confidence and conviction, and may your journey be Almost Easy!